For nearly a decade, Black Lamb has been helping homes of distinction meet their liquidation needs through the process of consignment. From its charming East Main Street location, in the borough of Carnegie, founder and owner, Rebecca Sohn, has been bringing togeth¬er sellers and buyers of fine furniture and home décor.
According to Ms. Sohn, the store was founded on the premise that quality and craftsmanship are timeless attributes and furniture, holding these characteristics, was meant to last forever. Throughout her 7,000 square foot showroom you will find, beautifully displayed, the stalwarts of the industry, past and present. From century-honored manufactures like Baker, Kittinger, Karges and Councill to more recent signatures like that of Mait¬land-Smith, Chelsea House and Theo¬dore Alexander. The pieces come from homes where beauty and respect for fine things were the first ingredients of home décor. Now, in a world of limited resources, finding second homes for out grown or no longer needed furnishings is simply smart living.
“Our customer base is a true pleasure to work with”, says Ms. Sohn. “They are knowledgeable, curious and smart buyers and sellers. They understand the secondary market and develop an affinity with one another through their appreciation for quality.”
The concept of consignment has been around for years. Simply defined, it is the resale of owned goods (e.g., furni¬ture and home décor) by a third party (e.g., Black Lamb). This form of selling has come to the forefront as the result of three factors: 1) the decline of quality furniture in the new market accompa¬nied by escalating prices; 2) the surge in eclectic design and self-directed decorating trends and 3) environmen¬tal concerns and regulations associated with the harshness of furniture produc¬tion. Consumers are seeking value and uniqueness in the items they choose for their homes and wish to remain environ¬mentally astute.
When you are relocating, downsizing, redecorating or liquidating, consignment is an option worth considering. The specialists at Black Lamb can be reached at 412-276-6699 or backlambconsignments.com. In addition to consignment services, the company offers personal property appraising and valuations that are recognized in any court in North America.
Benefits of Consigning for Buyers
• Provides products of exceptional value at reasonable prices
• Brings quality no longer found in
newly manufactured pieces
• Offers one-of-a-kind, “storied” items that could otherwise never be
• Helps create the fun and satisfaction of “the find”
• Affords a means of being environmentally aware and acting responsibly
• Ensures a constant flow of ever
changing and interesting inventory almost daily
Benefits of Consigning for Sellers
• Provides a discrete and professional manner of liquidating
• Provides an appealing display and proper merchandising of one’s items
• Brings transparency and accountability to the liquidation process
• Provides a constant flow of clientele unlike one time estate sales and auctions
• Consistently generates the high returns to the seller