In challenging times, be it floods or fires, no one comes together as a community like Carnegie. And this time is no different. We are still accepting donations that will go for not only food but to help pay rent and utilities for those that desperately need it! The federal funds that went to the state were poorly distributed many did not receive the funds for rent relief!
Thank you for your generous donation to the Carnegie Cares Fund. We raised close to $25,000 in 2020 and the CCDC was able to get a grant from the Pittsburgh Foundation for $25,000 because of your generosity! I wanted to share with you what the Carnegie Cares Fund has done in 2020 and how it will continue to help the local community in 2021.
- Carnegie Cares fed Carnegie school children with the help of St. John Lutheran Church through the entire summer.
- Your donation has kept the Carnegie Salvation Army food pantry well stocked with food. This will continue through 2021.
- Provided much needed groceries for the elderly and handicapped residents of the Honus Wagner Highrise. Former Mayor Jack Kobistek orchestrated deliveries. Sarah Strebacky, a resident that assists Jack has expressed how everyone is “truly feeling the love” from Carnegie!
- Provided meals to seniors in Carnegie while supporting local restaurants at the same time. This was a program run by the Carnegie Collier Rotary. Each week they would pick a different restaurant, buy the lunches and deliver them.
- Keeps the Little Lime Pantry on E. Main stocked with food. The pantry was designed by two young girls with the theme “Take what you need and leave what you can”.
- Helped St. Peter & St. Paul Ukrainian Orthodox Church distribute Thanksgiving meals to the less fortunate in Carnegie. This will continue for Christmas and into 2021.
- Helped St. John Lutheran Church distribute Christmas meals to the less fortunate in Carnegie.
- We were able to supply the Carnegie Food Pantry run by the Salvation Army with 240 gift cards from local restaurants so that Carnegie residents could enjoy a special meal during the holidays and help support local businesses as well.
- Your donation will help the Carnegie Cares garden be sustainable in 2021.
Thank you so much to the following businesses, residents and friends of Carnegie for your generous donations!!
BIG Thanks to:
Bob & Ann Fronduti
Carnegie Community Development Corporation
Myer, Patsy & Associates
Laffey & Associates
Carnegie Collier Rotary
Artsmiths (new nonprofit in Carnegie also doing Art 4 All Pittsburgh (www.art4allpgh.org)
MidAtlantic Surgical Sales (A new business to Carnegie!)
Off The Wall Theater
Mary Ann Plat
Donations can be made to the CARNEGIE CARES to the Carnegie Community Development Corporation using the Paypal button below.
Please make checks payable to Carnegie Cares. The CCDC is a 501c3 non-profit corporation.
Thank you everyone! I will keep you updated as the donations come in and the distributions go out.
If anyone wants to volunteer to pick up or deliver groceries to the elderly in Carnegie, send me an email.